Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Thing 2

As I sit here with a cat on my lap and my laptop off to the side, I am thinking that I really should be typing this on my iPad.  Unfortunately I am not ready for that level of input yet. I like the larger keyboard of my laptop.  I have spent over almost two hours this evening exploring a tips on using the OS' 5,  6 and 7.  Many of them I will be able to use with some practice.  Finding time to practice may be an issue.  It's the old refrain of "if you don't use it you lose it."  I will start tomorrow  by trying to take notes at a meeting of great minds. (those of fellow librarians.)  Fortunately the stakes are low as I will not be the official note taker.  Let's just hope I don't get too distracted playing with the emoticons that I found on the international keyboard and can pay attention to the business at hand.  I am also hoping someone will be able to show me how to build documents without using the notes section. 

Things to find out: Are there other ways of logging information without using the notes section?  How can I sync the iPad calendar with my iPhone? Am I updated to iOS 7? (I thought I was but am now not so sure.)  How do I check my gmail account? 

Things to consider:  How to go about teaching keyboard tips to a class of 30 wiggly 4th graders...

No comments:

Post a Comment